At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 40-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
We are looking for a dynamic Strategic Account Executive, to be part of the founding sales team based in San Francisco. You will have the opportunity to evangelise Saleswhale to mid-market and Fortune 500 companies.
You will be able to enjoy rapid personal growth in this role – we are currently under-resourced in terms of manpower; but just raised a fresh round of capital, and expanding quickly. This means we are spinning up new teams, creating new organisational structures. As you prove yourself, you’ll eventually be tapped to lead new teams, help us launch new offices, and everything else which goes into help us scale a category-winning business together.
You will be able to make an impact, and your work will truly matter. We are at a phase now where we have product-market fit, but way before large company ossification. You won’t just be a cog in a wheel, just helping to protect our current business model (like in a large sales organisation) – but really, truly, making a company-wide and market-defining difference.
You will be given lots of autonomy, to use your creativity and strategic smarts to expand our pipeline with high profile customers. You will manage complex deal cycles and sell to CMOs, VPs and other high-level decision makers.
Are you ready for the challenge?
– Create new opportunities in the mid market and enterprise (500+ employees) through prospecting, networking, etc. Your primary focus is to land new logos in the U.S.
– Work full sales cycle opportunities from initial contact, to close and up-sell/cross-sell
– Work closely with our Outbound SDR team to build pipeline and strategize on how to approach targeted accounts
– Collaborate with the Head of Marketing and demand-generation teams to develop Account-Based sales and marketing strategies to break into large Fortune 2000 enterprises
– Engage and educate senior executives on the importance of our AI Sales-Marketing Alignment Platform, and install Saleswhale as the leader in this new market
– Exceed annual and quarterly revenue targets; and maintain accurate and updated pipeline and forecasts
– Acquire in-depth knowledge of AI Sales Assistants, Enterprise Automation, Sales-Marketing Alignment Platforms, and our emerging competitive landscape